All the Girls that feel me say: OKAY...GO GIRL!!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

To: All The SINGLE Ladies

I began by thinking that I would do a very general New Years Toast like:
To love, honesty in love, and commitment in 2010.

However, I began to think that if you are a single woman this day in age with rising costs, an increasing unemployment rate, and one of the worst recessions we seen in over a decade…then we deserve a toast that’s specific to us.

This is to all the single ladies who have been:

Cast aside by the opposite sex;

Ignored by a gentleman of interest;

For single women experiencing emotional anguish and hearts filled with despair…
Right Now we are declaring this moment as ours.

To the women who are being kept in a man’s back pocket until HE is ready to settle down.

This is for those of you who are unknowingly and knowingly in a guy’s rotation of women;

For ladies who are single and in relationships and are seeking from your other half: “love, loyalty,honesty and trust, but most of all for friendship”.

This really is for Single women around the world who dream of that magic moment when he looks into your eyes, finds the lowest place above ground, and humbly initiates the beginning of “from this day forward”.

It is now Dec. 31, 2009 (11:59p central standard time) and I am raising my glass and saluting every SINGLE one of you.






To: Having faith and believing that there really is someone for everyone AND

To: Loving the single life in 2010 because right now… it is the only life that we have.






HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, January 04, 2010, Blogger Haley said…

    Cheers to us single ladies, single moms, working hard everyday to make ends meet...wonderful post!!

     
  • At 10:00 PM, January 05, 2010, Blogger suga said…

    Awww I loved that toast!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, January 12, 2010, Blogger Jackie D. Rockwell said…

    I've done a couple of major things so far, since I've been up this morning.. I called a new friend and left him a message.. I expect he'll call back in the near future.. And I called 'the one that got away.'

    The one that got away. Hmp!

    After 18 months, he answers the phone! After 18 months he tells me he's remarried! It taken me that long to get some closure from his disappearing act! AND.. to even find someone else that is remotely kindred to what I'm looking for!

    How do men do it? And this guy was a widower? Extremely busy. Extremely forgetful.. With a small business. And a teen aged daughter!

    And so it is. I've got closure.

    Such timing that I would stop by and read your Toast post! Thank you! And..

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

     
  • At 11:17 PM, September 13, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa - It is me, anonymous. Just stopped by to see if you ever started posting again. You had, and I read the post thanking me, in particular, for commenting about your writing talent and urging you to start up again. I still think so, but cannot help but notice you blogged a few times and gave up again. Funny because I did the same damn thing on my blog - posted 3 or 4 times and expected the world to find me. You made a comment on my blog in 2004 sweet pea, and that is how I found you to begin with. We are quite similar; we think if our writing is not perfect then what is the point. The time spent in trying to achieve the perfection was not worth it to me. I'm just wondering that with your gift of writing and your obvious intellect if maybe you are running out of steam because it is so singularly geared to men...and does not include other parts of you...a few peeps into the life of a woman who travels...how you are treated on the road, what is is like being alone so much...you know stuff from your heart. Just let your fingers go...I think you might be amazed. I might even give mine a second chance eventually. But I will tell you....that heart dripping with blood was a bit too much for me...great fabulous visual for lotsa things, but I think you could of done better. Anyhoo.......just thought I would check in and see if you had chosen to give it another try. I'm glad you did. Best of luck...RC

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Cheap LCD Monitor
Cheap LCD Monitor